Monday, December 22, 2008

Home For Christmas


Have you ever been away for so long that going home felt like going on a trip?  
That's the strange situation in which I find myself today as I double, triple, and, because I'm my mother's son, quadruple check my suitcases.  
You see, after 22 days away from my family, I'm finally going home.  
What makes it extra special is that, because of the above mentioned phenomenon, what will technically be a Christmas "stay-cation" will feel like a vacation.  
And a good one at that.  
And so, in the spirit of having a vacation, I'm taking a a break for this week.  
Of course, the grand irony is that I'm telling you that I'm not going to blog this week by writing on my blog.   
But that's OK.  
My generation likes irony.  
How post modern of me.
So...Merry Christmas to you all and I'll be back next week.  

No comments: